This position is responsible for transporting various materials (stone, asphalt, sand, etc.) from various supply terminals to our construction projects and various customer locations in a safe and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Transporting various materials (stone, asphalt, sand, etc.) from various supply terminals to our construction projects and various customer locations in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain daily logs, worksheets, dispatch & trip reports and vehicle inspection reports.
- Performs DOT certified pre-trip inspection
- Comply with all company policies & procedures, health & safety procedures, Department of Transportation (DOT), Hazardous Materials/Waste (HAZMAT) requirements
- Wearing company required PPE in accordance with department and safety expectations
- Professional and respectful conduct with customers & other employees
- All paperwork filled out properly, complete, legible and turned in on a timely manner
- Trucks kept clean inside and outside. Responsible for the cleanliness and condition of the truck and trailers used.
- Orders delivered in accordance with department & customers’ expectations
- Attend all driver safety and information meetings or alternate meetings
- Work with dispatch in obtaining schedule and completing all hauls as assigned by dispatch
- Work with the Mechanics to schedule maintenance
- Drivers will work with mechanics to ensure the safe operation of the equipment
- All drivers are required to accurately complete all necessary paperwork to complete the job including hours of service records, pre and post trip inspection reports, haul sheets, bill of lading and any other documents as required
- All employees will represent Anderson Excavating, LLC in a professional manner at all times.
- Valid Class B CDL Driver’s license
- Two years of driving experience in a Class B vehicle
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations.
- Ability to complete and pass DOT Physical/Medical Exam Certificate, MVR, background check, drug test and physical capabilities testing.
- Driving record acceptable to Anderson Excavating, LLC
- Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace
- Must have reliable transportation
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage
- 401k contribution and matching opportunities
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Yearly clothing allowance
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CDL A (Required)
- DOT Physical (Preferred)