Heavy Equipment Operators
This position is responsible for the use and operation of heavy construction equipment, including but not limited to excavators, dozers, skid steers and rock trucks.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Follow all health and safety regulations in accordance with Company policy, State and Federal laws
- Ensures regulated and proper PPE are worn at all times as required
- Dependability to be consistently at work and on time with ability to work 40+ hr/week, swing shift schedule as needed that may include working at different locations
- Ability to utilize different task training and to work on weekends as required
- Operate all heavy equipment in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant industry standards, policies, and site procedures
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Clean heavy equipment as scheduled and/or required
- Ensure heavy equipment is safely and securely stored at close of shift
- Advise direct supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
- Participate in routine maintenance
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- All other duties as assigned by the Superintendent
- At least 1 year of dedicated heavy equipment operation experience with specific experience operating excavators, dozers, skid steers, and rock trucks
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must pass drug and alcohol screening, pre-employment physical, and background check
- Read and interpret site-specific safety plans; may be amended daily.
- Read and interpret equipment operator’s manuals.
- Read and interpret load charts for corresponding rigging equipment.
- Operate heavy equipment and/or drive trucks.
- Work in areas of uneven terrain.
- Assist in the training of new or less-skilled Equipment Operators.
- Read and comprehend: site-specific rules, maintenance instructions, training manuals, Safety Sheets (SDS), warning tags, traffic signs and procedure manuals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Competitive wages
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage
- 401k contribution and matching opportunities
- Paid time off
- Paid company holidays
- Yearly clothing allowance
- Job Type: Full-time
- Driver’s License (Required)